Career / Israel / R&D
The Manufacturing Engineer supports the operations in improving the production process, responsible for correcting missing or wrong functionality and resolving technical issues arising in the products by proposing, testing, and implementing design changes to improve the product reliability and performance.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Continuous improvement of released products by changing the design to improve reliability, manufacturability and cost.
- Non-conformance investigations regarding component failures, finished goods failures, and product returns. Initiate the necessary action to prevent their occurrence and implement changes as required.
- Design jigs and tool to improve manufacturability.
- Develop and implement quality control measures that effectively monitor products.
- Prepare documentation for manufacturing processes (Work Instructions, specifications, routing cards, SOW…)
- Use as technical interface to suppliers.
- Train and qualify new production employees.
- Support risk management activities and risk management reviews on existing products.
- Customer complaints investigation, identification of CAPA’s and report generation.
- Provide support for verification, and validation studies on existing products.
- Support the QA team in conducting audits of supplier quality system and new suppliers’ approval.
- Practical engineer or Bachelor Degree in Mechanical.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in manufacturing or assembly processes.
- Previous experience as Manufacturing Engineer (Medical device company – advantage)
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Valid driving license.
- Good computer skills:
- MS Office SW (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with CAD programs (SolidWorks)
- ERP SW (Priority – advantage)
- PLM system