We are seeking an experienced mechanical engineer to be part of our R&D team. The qualified candidate will be responsible for improving the mechanical design, performance, and reliability of our unique articulated surgical instruments.
This is a key position in bringing to market a miniature robotic system to change the world of robotic-assisted surgery.
- Take Responsible Responsibility for design and development projects aiming at improving device reliability and performance.
- Identify opportunities for design improvements in a complex mechanical system.
- Perform hands-on mechanical design of a robotic surgical instrument.
- Manages design projects involving sub-contractors designers and manufacturers.
- Works in conjunction with the Engineering team to support manufacturing scale-up, incorporate new design changes and make manufacturing improvements.
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- At least ~ 5 years of hands-on professional experience in a similar position in a medical device company or military sector
- Background in design and development, including design with Solid Works
- Deep technological understanding and creativity in hands-on problem solving
- Strong writing capabilities in Hebrew and English
- Self-starter, self-learner, and self-organizer
- Possess a keen attention to detail
- Excellent communicator and team player
- Advantage: experience in valve/stent delivery systems, balloon catheters, ablations catheters, and/or gastrointestinal endoscopy